AppDynamics is an Application Performance Management (APM) tool for monitoring and management of the availability and performance of software applications. AppDynamics provides complete, real-time visibility into the customer journey and business-critical transactions.
AppDynamics Lite is free forever but is limited to 1 Java, 1 .Net, 1 PHP and 1 Node.js application monitoring agent. It also retains only last 24 hours of data. When you sign up for AppDynamics Lite, your first 15 days includes a free fully functional trial to AppDynamics Pro (priced at $330 / month / agent).
Some of the features and functionality includes:
- AppDynamics automatically calculates what constitutes the baseline for your application environment, that is, the prevailing performance characteristics for your environment. Once it calculates the baselines, AppDynamics can detect conditions that may be considered anomalies for your application.
- Get the exact line of code, function, thread, or database call causing issues.
- Reveal interdependencies with auto-generated flow maps (dynamic, visual representation of the components and activities of your monitored application environment).
- Launch across multi-cloud environments via an on-premises install or SaaS deployment.
- AppDynamics integrates directly with ServiceNow, Atlassian JIRA and PagerDuty to create tickets or incidents in response to AppDynamics alerts.