Trello features JIRA like Kanban boards that allows users to collaborate, organize and prioritize their projects. In a nutshell, a Trello Board helps organize any project by breaking down big tasks into bite sized pieces with lists and cards. A Trello board is made up of lists (such as To Do, Doing, and Done). Each individual task in a list is represented by a card. Tasks can be easily delegated by simply dragging and dropping their avatars onto cards.
Some of the important features of a Trello card are:
- Card Description: add details to your card such as step by step directions.
- Comments and Activity: activity feed is a timeline of all of the comments and actions on a card.
- Add section:
- Add Members to cards to assign people to tasks, and easily see who is doing what and what still needs to get done.
- Add Checklists for cards and assign people to checklist items by @ mentioning them.
- Add a Due date to cards with deadlines, and card members will receive a notification 24 hours before it’s due.
- Add Attachments from both your computer and many cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and OneDrive.
Trello board also include power-ups (integration with other apps) such as calendar, Google drive, Evernote, Github etc.